There are approximately 7.77 million family businesses in the U.S. and Canada and nearly that many options of where and how to market those businesses in the 21st century. Good companies don’t know which direction to turn. Good people are drowning in noise, choice, and the droning voice of self-appointed thought leaders on every virtual street corner.
With a combined 50+ years helping hundreds of family businesses and thousands of people around the world, we developed this curriculum to show family businesses that, in order to modernize their marketing, they first need to look inward and not toward another oversimplified sack of magic beans.
If your company’s application to our course is accepted, this will be the best money you’ll spend this year.
Prepare to be amazed by your return on investment.
Get One Thing Straight
Your plumbing company is not in the plumbing business.
Your restaurant is not in the food business.
Your hotel is not in the hospitality business.
Your school is not in the education business.
Your company is in the service business, and everyone in your company is in the marketing department.
And if everyone—everyone—in your company doesn’t have that straight, then nothing else matters.
And if you, personally, don’t understand that you’re serving whomever is below you (not above you) on the org chart, then nothing else matters. By serving those “below” you, you automatically serve those “above” you.
Think about that for five minutes, then think about sharing it with your company.
One… Two… Three… Four… Five…
Then please proceed with being awesome. Thank you.
Good Company University & The First Order of Business Professional Certification
We created this nine-month professional development curriculum to provide a broad understanding of modern marketing principles to entire teams.
Because we were in companies that sent senior staffs to exotic locations for retreats. They would come back tan and happy with what they learned.
What would happen—nearly every time—when they tried to pass on what they learned to their subordinates?
Frustration. Friction. Resentment.
We created this nine-month course and professional certification to change that. When finished, your team will have completed 40 hours of guided professional development. You won’t see a better investment in a work week’s worth of time for years to come.
There are five powerful stages in modern marketing management. Tim Miles & Company has carefully developed a framework for understanding and applying principles to successfully advance through each of the five stages.
These universal stages—goals and values, strategic planning, customer experience, messaging, and media—dramatically increase your company’s chances of success in an era when consumers are busier and more overstimulated than ever.
By challenging your employees with this holistic understanding of these stages and how they’re interconnected, you’ll create a sustainable, scalable, engaged team of leaders who know how to place the customer first and work together to grow your business from the inside out.
Throughout the nine-month-long course, your team will learn insights about themselves, their teammates, and your customers.
These insights will help your team strengthen the bonds of your brand for years to come.
Before The Course Begins, Your Team’s Curriculum Development Includes A Customized Uncovery
Two members of our team will travel to your city for face-to-face meetings to gain deeper insights into your vision, market, business model, and non-negotiable standards. We’ll explore your goals, values, beliefs, and feelings about the direction of your company. We will use this information to customize your team’s learning objectives, homework assignments, and the examples we use in class.
Upon Completion Of This 9-Month Course, Your Team Will Have:
• a profound understanding of how the world of communication in business has changed (and how it hasn’t)
• a crystal-clear vision of what you’re trying to make happen and what’s in your way
• short-term, measurable goals to overcome the obstacles preventing you from completing your mission
• a Brand Diamond consisting of five core values that shape how your company thinks, acts, and sees the world
• a Company Constitution declaring your values and beliefs as observable systems, policies, and procedures
• a fully mapped and tuned Customer Experience embedding your core values and the 14 facets of Shareworthy Customer Service
• a Copy Right style guide to simplify and give consistency to your messaging strategy
• a new way to think about a message calendar and a better understanding of why you should use it to create more ads more often
• a formula for writing any piece of persuasive communication
• comprehension of the three kinds of three kinds of media (not a typo)—how they’re changing, how to evaluate them, and how to make an impact in each
• confidence and belief in how all these things work together to raise your signal above the noise
These tools will equip your team to achieve the following outcomes:
- Adapt time-tested business insights to assess and improve your organization.
- Develop a leadership vision that inspires dedication and commitment among employees.
- Apply key elements of well-researched, successful employee engagement strategies to strengthen your culture.
- Develop an organization that supports consistent delivery of exceptional quality service.
- Foster a collaborative environment that draws on the creative resources of your entire organization.
- Incorporate time-tested principles for building and fortifying brand loyalty.
- Recalibration / The Age Of Rapid Distraction
- Strategic Planning – Actions / Competition / Budgets
- Strategic Planning – Customers / Team / Personality
- Customer Experience – Personas
- Customer Experience – Mapping / Tuning
- Customer Experience – Shareworthy Customer Service
- Messaging – What to say, What not to say, and Why
- Messaging – Copy – How To Say It
- Media – The 3 Kinds Of 3 Kinds
- Taking Action / Tying It All Together
Pricing starts at USD$500/month/student for the first ten students. Additional employees may take the course for no tuition cost!
It’s never been more important for every member of your team to embrace the responsibility of being in the marketing department of your service business.
Therefore, to make it easier and more affordable for your small* business to invite every team member to take the course, we charge tuition only for the first 10 employees of your company. We will provide exactly the same training to the rest of your company at no additional tuition charge. The only additional one-time charge will be a discounted price of $25 per student for their workbooks (a $40 value).
About Tim Miles & Company
Led by bestselling author and international marketing consultant Tim Miles, our team helps good companies & good employees & good customers connect in this Age of Rapid Distraction. For twenty years, we’ve helped hundreds of companies and thousands of people communicate more powerfully, connect with more authenticity, and do more with less.
Good Company University is different from most professional development opportunities in that we don’t accept everyone with a credit card. Because we put so much work into each company that takes our course, we expect them to put in the work as well.
Because of this—and because of the valuable content we share—we are extremely protective and loyal of our alumni.
Good Company University is exclusively available to one company per business category per market. In other words, should you take our course, we will never make it available to your competition.
That said, should your competition enroll, it will never be available to you.
The choice is yours. We’re ready to teach your team to soar to new heights. Are you ready to fly with the eagles?