For the fourth year in a row, The Daily Blur is proud to present The Super Bowl Party Game (for people who don’t care about football).
In an effort to spice things up and remember the real reason for the Super Bowl –
Gambling enjoying the company of good friends – I’ve tried to come up with a quick and easy game for sports fans and the casual watchers alike that all the adults can fill out during pre-game.
Here are 48 Questions – feel free to pick and choose your favorite ten, twenty, whatever… copy and paste them onto sheets with a space for your party folks’ names, and bet big. Have fun!
The Super Bowl XLVIII Party Pool
Please answer these questions and turn in your sheet before we rise for the singing of our National Anthem:
- National Anthem – Over or Under 1:34 in length?
- How long will Renée Fleming hold ‘braaaaaave’? Over or under three seconds?
- Who in your party will be the first to ask “Who’s Renée Fleming?”
- Does Joe Buck make a “Renée Fleming’s a soprano and the Super Bowl’s in Jersey, home of the Sopranos” joke?
- Does Troy Aikman pretend to laugh at it?
- Does Knowshon Moreno cry on camera during singing of National Anthem?
- Will the judges from American Idol be there sitting together and shown on camera?
- Is Seacrest with them?
- First Person at Party To Say They’re More Excited about Commercials?
- First Person to say they’ve already seen all the commercials on the Internet?
- Over/Under 109.5 – Number of times Troy Aikman says “you’re right, Joe.”
- Over/under 27.5 – Number of times does Peyton Manning say “Omaha” in the game?
- Does Fox have an on-screen “Omaha” counter?
- First Team to Score – Seattle or Denver?
- First Score is – Touchdown or Field Goal or Other?
- Will there be a field goal of over 40 yards?
- Will there be a touchdown play of over 40 yards?
- First In-Game Commercial Is For?
- On Monday in the media, the consensus pick for best commercial will be from what company?
- First LOCAL business commercial is for which business that ponied up an obscene amount of jack so their buddies could see how cool they are to be on TV during the Super Bowl?
- How Many Commercials Will Feature a Baby/Babies?
- How Many Commercials Will Feature a Puppy? (Puppies are the new monkeys, apparently)
- Over/Under 3.5 – Number of Fox’s own TV promos that are totally inappropriate for children to see and/or hear?
- Speaking of which, will GoDaddy have an ad featuring inappropriately clothed women and suggestive imagery and copy?
- Over/Under 2.5: Number of people who vow to cancel their GoDaddy accounts as a result. (Count me among them.)
- Over/Under 3.5: Shots of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell looking manly sitting outside and not in his suite?
- Is Goodell wearing gloves?
- Over/Under 2.5: Number of times they show Archie, Eli, and the rest of the Manning family all toasty warm in their suite.
- In which quarter do we first see Peyton Manning face?
- Will there be a Papa John’s commercial?
- Will Papa John be in it?
- First person to say “Papa John’s kind of a tool…”?
- Half-time: Does Bruno Mars have a special guest? (Bonus half-point: Name her/him.)
- Half-time: First party guest to say something inappropriate about Mars’ looks?
- Half-time: Five guys from Fox doing studio show… how many wear either hat, coat, or gloves?
- Over/Under 17.5 – Number of times Terry Bradshaw says “Boy, I dunno” during the half-time show?
- Does Jimmy Johnson’s hair move at all during the halftime show?
- In the second half, who scores first?
- In the second half, who at your party falls asleep first?
- Does he/she snore?
- Over/under 1.5: Number of times we see those sneaky linemen getting the gatorade ready for the coach’s gatorade bath.
- What color gatorade does the winning team dump on their coach?
- How many times does Fox show the thermometer and wind chill?
- First celebrity couple awkwardly shown snuggling on TV?
- Is it Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr.?
- Who’s the Super Bowl MVP?
- Who will the Super Bowl MVP thank first? Teammates? God? Owner? Family? Coach? Other?
- Who actually wins the, you know, game?
Enjoy the game!