Our annual company planning session is November 30th, but we’ve already started our prep to get the most out of our day together.
I’ve sent the following ten questions to every member of our team:
- What’s been right about MCo in 2016?
- What’s been wrong with MCo in 2016?
- What’s been missing from MCo in 2016?
- What’s been unclear about MCo in 2016?
- Who’s your favorite client? What is it about them that makes them your favorite?
- If you had a magic wand, what 1-3 things would you change?
- What’s working well for us? What shouldn’t we change?
- Imagine it’s one year from today… and we are firing on all cylinders and everything is both hunky and dory… paint that picture of your idea of big honkin success for me.
- What was your greatest professional accomplishment this year? Of what are you most proud?
- What do you imagine will be our biggest challenge as a company in 2017?
By setting the table in this way, you not only get your team thinking about working on the business, you get them involved in the way your company is heading. In this Age of Rapid Distraction, that’s never been more important.
We’ll share everyone’s answers (with each other, not you) at the beginning of our meeting to help frame where we heading.
(If you’re our client and you’re reading this, relax and know we all picked you as our answer for #5!)
(If you’re my wife reading this, relax and know the answer to #3 is simple: “a pinball machine!”)