We don’t believe in small business.
I don’t know about you, but my company doesn’t keep me awake at night because it’s small.
It keeps me awake at night because it’s huge. It’s massive. At times, it feels like my whole world.
Know what I mean? How dare someone else refer to my business as “small.”
At Tim Miles & Co., we reject the premise of “small” business.
But I believe with all my heart and soul that the secret to strong communities (both local and global) is strong, sustainable, gracefully-growing family businesses.
We’re a full service marketing and advertising firm firm for family businesses.
Should you wish to hire us, too, to connect with consumers in your market through any manner of media, to speak on the subject, or to teach your team to do the same, please also recognize and respect that:
- We believe in finishing the work quickly. Our clients have annual at-a-glance marketing calendars we create for them. We build in margin so at least 80% of our work together is proactive.
- We believe the work is sacred. Our clients stay with us year after year because we can quickly and clearly tell them why we make the strategic choices we make to help them grow.
- We believe in fierce loyalty. On a couple occasions, our clients’ competitors have offered us substantial sums of money to leave our client. We firmly told them to go eat paint chips.
- We do NOT believe in soliciting business. We work strictly through repeat business, referrals, and connections made through writing and speaking.
- We believe in knowing and respecting the difference between the truly important and the merely urgent. At 14 months, Tim and Deidre’s son, Will, was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. He looks at the world differently, much like his old man. Will’s taught us to separate the truly important from the merely urgent.
- We believe in freely helping a number of small nonprofits. As a result of Will’s changing our worldview, we now freely lend a hand to several small not-for-profits who cannot afford it. The way we look it: our time, then, is your money. While no amount of it would get us to stop, we figure you certainly have a right to know whom you’re indirectly supporting. we welcome you to contact us for a list of these organizations before we move forward.
- We believe teaching and speaking and writing and recording and sharing is the best way to demonstrate our credibility.
- We believe in good companies and good people. Not to bury the lede, but our dirty little secret? We accept only those clients who are very good at what they do. They just need help telling their story well.
We’re paid on a business’ revenue growth — the only way for us to make more money is to grow your business. Given that, wouldn’t you want to partner with good companies, too?