Imagine being married 56 years.
My Mom and Dad didn’t have to imagine. They did it.
February 13th, 2017, is their first anniversary date since Dad passed away on December 11th, and I’ve decided to use this date to start a dream I’ve had for years that will help kids and their parents. My Mom and Dad are maybe the two most generous people I’ve ever known, and we want to carry their torch forward.
February 13th is now officially Where There’s A Will Day!
When our son, Will, was diagnosed with autism, Dee and I didn’t know where to turn. Frankly, we took on a great (actually there’s nothing great about it) deal of debt to attempt to do everything we could for our son. He had five different therapists as well as doctors and teachers and nurses and visits to different cities and cross-country videoconferences.
It was then I had a dream: I wanted to help other families not feel such a burden.
In our company’s ten-year-vision, we have listed: “Start up a Foundation” as one of our goals. It’s going to be the “Where There’s A Will Foundation,” and it’s going to help families help their children with autism feel tinglings of hope, action, and traction.
I’m starting today… with Alex and his family.
My friend and client, Dave, introduced me to Alex and his family, and they have a GoFundMe page set up to help Alex get a special type of neurological treatment. It’s absolutely fascinating, and I’m absolutely asking for your help to help them help Alex.
Here’s what I’m willing to offer you in return:
- $4400 – I will fly to your city for a day and do a either a full-day private workshop or a private half-day workshop for you *and* a public half-day workshop for a group of your choice. (Expenses not included)
- $440 – I will do either a one-hour private videoconference consult for your company or a one-hour private videoconference training for your team
- $44 – You will get a signed copy of our forthcoming workbook, The First Order of Business, before it is released to the public.
- $4.40 – You will get my heartfelt thanks and you’ll know what a difference even the smallest contribution can make.
What’s up with all these 44s?
When Will was young, he obsessed over the number 44. It’s still his favorite number. He doesn’t know why. We don’t know why, but what I did know is:
- WhereTheresaWill.org is taken by a place that helps with wills.
- TheresaWill.org looks like Theresa Will dot org, and I don’t know Theresa Will. Do you?
- Will44.org was available, and if we can help at least one child’s family per year on February 13th for 44 years, I can retire on my 90th birthday (I’m 46) knowing Mom and Dad would be proud of the work we’ve done.
- Because there are no coincidences, February 13th is the 44th day of the year.
In the meantime, once a year is the best we can do, and I hope you’ll join Will and me in helping Alex and his family to inaugurate February 13th—Mom and Dad’s Anniversary and the 44th day of the year—as International Where There’s A Will Day.
One last time, check out the GoFundMe page, and we thank you for your support.