**Update: The contest is now closed. We had almost 500 entries! Winners will be announced in The Daily Blur on Friday, May 10. **
Name Tim’s Thing. Win an iPad Mini, bacon, or other stuff.
I invented a thing. Name it. We tried and failed.
OUR FAILED NAMES FOR THE THING INCLUDED:
- The Hierarchy of Awesome
- The Miles Marketing Pyramid
- The Order of The Good Company
- The Tall Stack of Goodness
WHAT IS THE THING?
It’s a framework that categorizes and prioritizes communication, branding, and marketing for any owner-operated company or non-profit organization.
As soon as I showed it to Dee and Lynn, we realized we had something special through which we could analyze, diagnose and treat problem areas in our clients’ companies.
But, more than that, they could see what deserves the greatest priority, and in fact, what’s got to come first, second, third, fourth, and fifth for any business to be successful.
Millions of companies get it wrong. Tens of thousands of vendors that profit from those millions of companies aren’t necessarily helping them.
Until you know your Goals & Values, you cannot come up with a strategic plan.
Your strategic plan – based on those goals and values – dictates how you treat the customer (including your most important customers – your employees).
Your values, your goals, your plan, and your customer experience determine your message.
Finally, then and only then, once you’ve got a solid structure of values, goals, a strategic plan, a delightful customer experience, and a strong message, should you begin think about picking media.
Throughout the world, people have this turned upside down. Entire industries devote hundreds of billions of dollars and pounds and euros and renminbi and yen and rupees to message development and media buying and placement without giving much thought, if any, to building a strong foundation to help ensure a return on those investments.
That stops. For our company, that all ends with the thing. Our whole focus and the way we approach our own company and our clients’ companies is this thing.
WATCH A SHORT VIDEO ABOUT THE THING:
GRAND PRIZE: Well, first of all, you named the thing. You’ll get credit in my next book. Isn’t that enough? No? Okay, we’ll also give you an 16GB WiFi iPad Mini stocked with some of our favorite productivity and reading apps.
SECOND PLACE: Bacon and Pancakes. Naturally.
THIRD PLACE: A collection of the four books we recommend in our Shareworthy Service presentation.
THE REALLY IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES:
- Using the entry form below, name Tim’s thing.
- You must be on our email list. We value your privacy and we will never, ever, ever rent, sell, lease, borrow, or trade your private information … not even for a Funhouse pinball machine.
THE OTHER KINDA IMPORTANT CONTEST RULES:
- Once you’re on our email list, you can expect to receive a short email (200-500 words) every weekday about one of these five areas inside our thing. Consider it a little breakfast for your brain.
- You can’t be a client or a relative. Well, you can be a client or a relative, but you can’t win anything except a mention in the book and, of course, an eternal glow of awesome. If you’re a client and you win, we’ll simply give the grand prize to second place, second place to third and third to fourth.
- Once you’re a subscriber, you may enter as many times as you like between now and Mom’s birthday: 12:00 PM CDT on Saturday, May 4th, 2013.