(Yes, I know it’s Friday! BUT how helpful is it to get you ready for Monday after Monday has already started?!? We’ve gotten hooked on proactivity around here, yo. -tm)
We like to rock Mondays here at IAG. We are refreshed from a weekend full of families that we love, sure. But mostly it has to do with strategy. Just like almost everything we do here.
Here’s how to make your Mondays rock based on our strategy:
- Get up early. Our most important Monday conversation happens at 6:30 AM. If you work alone, have that little talk with yourself. If you work with a key individual (aka cheerleader) who knows the secret to kicking you into gear, include that person. Get up, get going, and get a plan in place before you even see the light of day.
- Go over your stuff. Look at your calendar, your in-box and your to-do list. Make sure you know what’s coming down the pike in the days ahead.
- Pick 5 of the most important BIG tasks. Work on those first. Don’t be checking your email. Don’t be checking your facebook. Don’t be checking your um, check book. Just 5 major tasks.
- Pick 5 minor tasks and do those even before the BIG five. Five LITTLE emails, calendar items, taking out the trash. Fifteen minutes spent on these items will make you feel like a rock star of accomplishment, even on a Monday.
- Report your accomplishments to cheerleader. Even if it’s yourself. Take a moment at the middle or end of Monday to celebrate what you have accomplished. After all, it’s only Monday. You’ve done the BIG five and the LITTLE five. It’s practically coasting from here.
- Don’t coast. Rock your entire week but now you can pace yourself and maybe kick off early on Friday. Rewards matter.
Try this out. Let me know. Email me. I’ll be your cheerleader. You might get something like this in return:
Keep this pace up and you’ll only have to work on Mondays!
Executive Sister and Chief Plate Spinner,
The Imagination Advisory Group