Beginning a week from today: Monday, May 7, I’ll be running a 10-day series of interviews with leaders – asking each the same short series of questions – on The Daily Blur. You’ll see answers and insights to one question per day.
Then … the fun stuff starts …
I’m going to turn all that great leadership insight – along with some other content – into an eBook with all profits going to help my first mentor and leader, Bruce Welker, who’s recovering from a stroke.
If you and/or some people you know lead others, would you be willing to answer these questions or pass them along by Sunday, May 6th?
I got them from the brilliant Michael Smith courtesy of a post from Michael Hyatt.
Bruce means a lot to me. He’s a great man and father and leader. He’s doing very well in his recovery and therapy, but the bills are huge, and this is the best way I know to help him, plus help people gain valuable insight about leadership from people who walk the walk.
Simply email me your answers and a bit about yourself. I really appreciate it! Have a great day.
Leadership Interview Questions
A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF (as brief as you like – please include how/where you’re
LINK YOU’D LIKE TO DIRECT PEOPLE TO (optional):
- What are the most important decisions you make as a leader of your organization?
- As an organization gets larger there can be a tendency for the “institution” to dampen the “inspiration.” How do you keep this from happening?
- How do you ensure your organization and its activities are aligned with your “core values”?
- How do you help a new employee understand the culture of your organization?
- When faced with two equally-qualified candidates, how do you determine whom to hire?
- What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
- What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today?
- What are a few resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight into becoming a better leader?
- What advice would you give someone going into a leadership position for the first time?
- What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
That’s it. I hope you’ll enjoy the series, and I hope you enjoy the expanded copy coming in the eBook … for which I also need a title if you have any suggestions. If I pick your name, you get credit, a hug, and cookies.
Email me by Sunday, May 6th.
Emily Eldridge says
Love the questions and intent. I’m assuming you need responses by Sunday, May 6th?
Tim Miles says
Yes, please. (What are you? A strong J-type or something?)
Phil Wrzesinski says
Great, thought-provoking questions!