2011 – I’m attending a Super Bowl party this weekend with probably a dozen adults and approximately 471 small children. Of the dozen adults, maybe a handful of us would call ourselves sports fans. This is fine. This is common for the Super Bowl, I’m sure.
But, in an effort to spice things up and remember the real reason for the Super Bowl – Gambling – I’ve tried to come up with a quick and easy twenty question game for sports fans and the casual watchers alike that all the adults can fill out during pre-game.
Here are my 20 Questions plus an irrelevant bonus question that’ll serve as a tiebreaker.
The Super Bowl XLV Party Pool
Please answer these 20 questions before we rise for the singing of our National Anthem:
- National Anthem – Over or Under 1:46 in length (actual prop bet in Vegas)?
- How long does Christina hold ‘brave’? Over or under six seconds (actual prop bet in Vegas)?
- Coin Flip – Heads or Tails? Who wins?
- Number of People at Party Who – Before Halftime – Say They’re More Excited about Commercials?
- Number of Women (and Gay Men) at Party Who – Before Halftime – Say They’re More Excited about Glee?
- First Team to Score – Packers or Steelers?
- First Score is – Touchdown or Field Goal or Other?
- First In-Game Commercial Is For?
- How Many Commercials Will Feature a Monkey/Monkeys? (Thanks, Scotty!)
- How Many Commercials Will Feature a Baby/Babies?
- First Person to Spill Food or Drink at Party?
- First Person’s Child to Melt Down or Get Hurt or Break Something?
- First Person Who You Think, “Whoa, he/she has had too much to drink …”
- Number of People Who Leave Before Half-Time?
- Half-Time: Will Fox’s Terry Bradshaw appear confused – yes or no?
- Half-Time: Will Fergie wiggle, thrust or otherwise move body in suggestive manner that my 6-year-old son asks me about on way home?
- First Person to Fall Asleep/Pass Out in Front of TV?
- What color is gatorade winning team dumps on their coach (actual Vegas prop bet)?
- How Many People Left at Party at End of Game?
- Does Super Bowl MVP hoist his son/daughter on shoulders in hopes of getting next week’s Sports Illustrated cover and possibly Wheaties Box?
Bonus Question: Who actually won the, ya know, game?